Funding and governance

ELIXIR-LU is supported by the Luxembourg Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR), which will cover about 60% of the cost, and is currently funded for 5 years. The LCSB will cover the remaining 40% and provide the infrastructure and the services.

A Steering Committee, composed of representatives from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the LCSB, and all the institutes working in the biomedical field in Luxembourg, decides on the strategic directions of ELIXIR-LU.

The Scientific Advisory Board of ELIXIR Luxembourg is composed of 5 members:

• Dr. Antonio Andreu
Scientific Director of EATRIS, the European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine

• Prof. Ron Appel
Executive Director of the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and professor at the University of Geneva

• Prof. Søren Brunak
Research Director at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research and professor at the University of Copenhagen and the Technical University of Denmark

• Dr. Jacques Demotes-Maynard
Director of ECRIN, the European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network

• Erik Steinfelder
Director General of BBMRI-ERIC, the Biobanking and BioMolecular resources Research Infrastructure – European Research Infrastructure Consortium