1. General terms and conditions of use
- The User of the present website ELIXIR-LU, an infrastructure hosted by the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg, hereafter referred to as « User », acknowledges that he/she has verified that the computer configuration used does not contain any viruses or any other malicious software and that it operates perfectly.
- The User is solely responsible for the selection, use and interpretation of the data which she/he consults, searches and transmits on the Internet.
- ELIXIR-LU reserves the right to modify the present legal notice at any time. The User shall abide by the conditions of use of the portal contained in the most recent version of the legal notice available on the portal at the time of such use.
- The User agrees not to attempt to use any ELIXIR-LU's servers, files or networks apart from through the service interfaces provided.
- Any attempt to use ELIXIR-LU platforms to a level that prevents, or looks likely to prevent, ELIXIR-LU providing services to others, will result in the use being blocked.
- If the User post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to ELIXIR-LU's websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of ELIXIR-LU's services, ELIXIR-LU may use the personal information of such User from its security logs to stop such behaviour. Where ELIXIR-LU reasonably believes that a User is or may be in breach of any applicable laws, ELIXIR-LU may use the personal information of such User to inform the relevant third parties about the content and the behaviour of such User.
- Software that can be run from the ELIXIR-LU webpages may be used by any iUser for any purpose unless specific exceptions are stated on the web page. Any software from ELIXIR-LU made available for download through ELIXIR-LU's website (either directly or from third party repositories) will have its own individual license agreement.
2. Contents of the website
- ELIXIR-LU shall not be held responsible for the presence of viruses or malicious software on its website.
- ELIXIR-LU reserves the right to correct the content of this website at any time and without notice.
- ELIXIR-LU undertakes all reasonable efforts to maintain continuity of the services and will provide, on a best effort basis, warning of changes or discontinuities. However, ELIXIR-LU does not provide any warranty as to the uninterrupted availability of the services and accepts no responsibility for (i) the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity thereof, (ii) errors, a lack of availability or invalid character of the information.
- ELIXIR-LU makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose of any information contains on its websites.
- Any User who discovers inaccuracies, erroneous information or information of a clearly unlawful nature is invited to inform the Communications Team, Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine, University of Luxembourg, 6, avenue du Swing, L-4367 Belvaux.
3. Use of hyperlinks
- This site contains links to third parties' websites that are maintained by such third parties. Any such links are provided solely as a convenience to the User and not as an endorsement by ELIXIR-LU of the content on such third parties' websites. ELIXIR-LU is not responsible for the content of such websites and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third parties' websites or the privacy practices of such third parties. If the User decides to access to linked third parties' web sites, the User does so at its own risk.
- The creation of hyperlinks to this site shall be subject to the explicit prior approval of ELIXIR-LU.
4. Data privacy
5. Confidentiality and Security
ELIXIR-LU implements and maintains at all times technical and organisational security measures that are appropriate with respect to the nature of the Data, their extreme sensitivity, volumes exchanged and associated risks, in order to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the systems used by Users.
The User remains liable for:
revoking immediately compromised (lost, stolen or shared) credentials with ELIXIR-LU in writing (email accepted), and
any access to and use of any Data, service, tool or website of ELIXIR-LU by a User or a third party impersonating a User.
ELIXIR-LU reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to suspend the access of any User whose credentials have been compromised or revoked, or in case of suspected or proven breach of these Terms by such User.
6. Intellectual property
All the information available on the website https://elixir-luxembourg.org/ is protected by copyright. Unless otherwise indicated, reproduction of texts from this site for non-commercial purposes and especially in educational situations is permitted, subject to the following three conditions being met:
- Free dissemination;
- Respect for the integrity of the reproduced documents: no modification or alteration of any kind;
- Explicit mention of the site https://elixir-luxembourg.org/ as a source and statement that the rights of reproduction are reserved and limited.
Any exception to these rules shall be subject to the prior written approval of ELIXIR-LU and the author of the contents.
Photographic credits: unless otherwise stated, the photographs on this website are protected by copyright and are the property of ELIXIR-LU, the University of Luxembourg or LCSB.
- The User accepts that any access to the website or any use of the website shall be on his own responsibility.
- ELIXIR-LU, that is the University of Luxembourg, declines all liability for direct or indirect damage which may be caused by the use of the site, particularly in relation to an interruption to or cessation of the operation of the site or a dysfunction of the site which may result in particular from a shutdown for maintenance or upgrading of the computer system of ELIXIR-LU, technical faults or network overloads, faults in telephone lines, errors, negligence or misdemeanours by suppliers of Internet services or by a third party, or a virus acquired via the Internet.
8. ELIXIR-LU on Social Networks
ELIXIR-LU wishes to use social networks for maximum proximity with researchers, Users, future Users, the public etc. The aim is to provide them with special access to useful information likely to be of interest to them. To guarantee quality information flows where people remain respectful of good social practices and can participate freely, ELIXIR-LU follows the guideline documents developed by the University of Luxembourg.
Social Media Guidelines outlines the essential points to be taken into consideration before posting information and moderating the flows of conversations. In order to ensure suitable uniformity on all the media and in all the messages posted, ELIXIR-LU would be grateful if the User could ensure that she/he respects the editorial rules implemented.
9. Luxembourg law and courts
- The law of Luxembourg shall apply, excluding its conflict of law provisions.
- The User is informed that only Luxembourg courts are competent to pronounce a ruling with respect to any disputes which may arise relating to the use, interpretation and implementation of the information and data featured on this website.
Communications Team, Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine, University of Luxembourg, 6, avenue du Swing, L-4367 Belvaux.
Email to: email@example.com
The User acknowledges that he/she has taken note of this legal notice and undertakes to observe it.